Saturday, May 21, 2011

Father's Day Fun

So what did everyone think about all our season finales this week? Did anyone watch Private Practice??? All I can say is OMG! How about Castle!?! I can't believe they're going to make us wait until the fall to figure out what's going to happen! I'm definitely looking forward to Glee this week, although technically I'm going to miss it when it airs because of club...we could all skip the card making and hang out in my living room to watch the season finale together! ;-)

Now, on to our Father's Day project for both of my clubs this month...we're going to be working on creating a Father's Day gift so that we're all ready for the big day! I have to admit, there was very little original thought put into this. :-) I really loved the project featured in our new Summer Mini and decided that we should all have one to call our own!


So, for my ladies in both clubs...I've bought the frames already - it'll be $2.25 for the frame. If you want to use your own frame that's fine, you'll still get to make the "picture". Also, if you have a picture of you and Dad or your kids and Dad that you want to bring with you that's great - just note that it's a 5x7 picture so you can use a 4x6 as long as it is in the portrait mode, otherwise you can bring a 5x7 but you will crop both into about a 2.5x5 picture. If you don't have a picture available at club it's fine, you can always add one at home.

For our other projects our Saucy Stampers (last Tuesday of the month) will be creating a mini album using envelopes and tags; my Stampalicious Ladies (second Tuesday of the month) will be creating their "placemats". (I don't have any pictures of the mini album yet).


Last weekend I spent quite a bit of time playing in my craft room! So fun, and so rare! I was just having an inspired weekend; here's a look at some of the cards I created...

Another card inspired by our Summer Mini...

I particularly liked this card, I cased it from the following blog: qbee's quest. It 's really fun, I didn't have most of the flower punches that she used in her card but I was able to use some of my other punches to create the flowers.



This card was inspired by another card my friend, and customer, Tracey showed me. It's super fun! It's a spinner card, you use pennies to make the cupcake (or whatever) roll back and forth across the card.


My Stampalicious Ladies asked me to create a birthday card and a wedding card so I did, here they are...

I cased the wedding one from Lynn Johnston, a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator. I changed it a little to make it my own, I put it on Cherry Cobbler, and used the Top Note on the inside, along with the "Happy I Do Day" stamp.

For our birthday card, I was inspired by one that my leader, Kristyne Brandt made with us back when I was just a Stampin' Up customer...I took the idea of her pop up card and changed it to make it birthday-like and festive, I used the Owl Punch as our pop up feature. I have to say, I really love this card...I think it's fun and fabulous!

The last thing I've been working on lately is a variety of wedding invites...I'm actually thinking about advertising my services to create wedding invites, programs, guest books, etc as a side business. Many of these samples were inspired by Angela McKay (another fellow demonstrator).












If anyone wants a consultation or has a friend looking for help creating their wedding invites, etc. let me know! :-) I'd love to work together, brainstorm, or ease the brides' stress level by taking that task off of her hands!!

The last thing I went to mention is my new challenge for myself...I'm loving my card making but am missing scrapbooking so I've decided to challenge myself to scrapbook at least one page every Saturday. It's going to officially be declared Scrapbooking Saturdays! I challenge all of you busy ladies to try and challenge yourselves to scrapbook on a regular basis too! I'll post pictures of my pages as I create them!

This is my most recent page, a page I created of Addie in Mexico last Christmas, these pictures made me laugh because in the course of about 1 minute she went from content to miserable to happy again. She's my sweet little bipolar baby!

*Sorry the pics are so dark...I took them all with my iphone this evening.

Talk to you all soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment